OverviewThe certification demands that the candidate demonstrates the ability to architect and deploy AWS solutions for different scenarios following AWS's best practices. The AWS Solution Architect Professional Certification requires its candidates to be comfortable architecting, securing, migrating, optimizing deployments and managing full production operations on AWS.
PrerequisitesThis is one of the two Professional level certifications available with AWS and it's guided to those who already have experience with AWS, and ideally, have already passed the AWS Solutions Architect - Associate exam, but this is not a prerequisite in taking this certification.
Recommended Knowledge and Experience
- Two or more years of hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS
- Ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS
- Familiarity with AWS CLI, AWS APIs, AWS CloudFormation templates, the AWS Billing Console, and the AWS Management Console
- Explain and apply the five pillars of the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Design a hybrid architecture using key AWS technologies (e.g., VPN, AWS Direct Connect)
- Ability to provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise
- Familiarity with a scripting language
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux environments
- Map business objectives to application/architecture requirements
- Architect a continuous integration and deployment process